Retail Lead Associate
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Location: Hacienda Heights
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Primary Responsibility / Summary As a member of the management
team, works under the direction of the site manager to maintain the
efficient operation of a Retail Store, Bookstore or Attended
Donation Center (ADC) to achieve established goals for sales,
production, service, safety and expense control. Per government
requirements, this role is required to be fully COVID- 19
vaccinated. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs manager on duty activities as assigned by Site
Manager. Including opening and closing, managerial operations of a
cash register; trains, leads and encourages Ambassadors to meet
goals, providing training and guidance while maintaining
established company standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Provide excellent service, engages with each Ambassador,
customer and donor, while presenting a friendly and cooperative
attitude. Role models, communicates and coaches our Mission and
RISE (Respect, Integrity, Service and Integrity) Values to our
Ambassadors, customers and donors.
- Ensure a safe work environment by maintaining a clean and safe
environment by following all established SOPs and procedures and
exercises caution in work related activities.
- Adheres, coaches and trains Ambassadors on de-escalation
practices regarding the public and proper procedures for loss
- Identifies and communicates concerns, contacting the District
Manager for guidance when the Site Manager is not available.
- Perform accurate Point of Sale (POS) and cash handling
- Receive and accurately record donations using technology.
- Sort, clean, process, price donated goods, following company
- Merchandise and maintain the salesfloor to meet established
SOPs and guidelines.
- Assists in the Truck Swap process and performs necessary
cleaning and janitorial work.
- Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and
overtime when needed. May be required to work at a nearby location.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Attends meetings and training as required. If required to drive
for a work event, you must have a valid CDL and required auto
- Other duties and special projects as assigned. Supervisory
- This job supervises 5-10 Ambassadors when acting as
manager-on-duty. Qualifications To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Education & Experience
- Ability to read, speak and write Basic English.
- Ability to operate cash register, computer and other technology
necessary to complete the activities assigned.
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
- Ability to share Goodwill---s purpose with the public and ask
for monetary donations and ask customer and donor information.
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Proficient in using computers and other technology necessary to
complete the activities assigned, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, completing surveys using
electronic platforms in order to complete daily tasks,
- Some retail and sales experience helpful. Certificates,
- None required. Other Educational Skills & Abilities
- None required. English Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other ambassadors of
the organization. Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and
distance. Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
standardized situations. Physical Demands The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
ambassador to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-------------------------------- Amount of Time
--------------------------- Physical Demands None Less than 1/3 1/3
to 2/3 More than 2/3 Stand X Walk X Sit X Reach with hands and arms
X Use hands to finger, handle, or feel X Climb or balance X Bend,
kneel, crouch, or crawl X Talk or hear X Taste or smell X Carry,
push or pull X -------------------------------- Amount of Time
------------------------------- Lifts Weights or Exerts Force None
Less than 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 More than 2/3 Up to 10 pounds X Up to 25
pounds X Up to 50 pounds X Up to 100 pounds X More than 100 pounds
- No special vision requirements. Work Environment The physical,
mental & environmental conditions in which the work is performed.
The work environment characteristics described are representative
of those an ambassador encounters while performing the essential
functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. -------------------------------- Amount of Time
--------------------------- Environmental Condition None Less than
1/3 1/3 to 2/3 More than 2/3 Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
X Working near mechanical parts X Work in high, precarious places X
Fumes or airborne particles X Toxic or caustic chemicals X Outdoor
weather conditions X Extreme cold (non-weather) X Extreme heat
(non-weather) X Risk of electrical shock X Work with explosives X
Risk of radiation X Vibration X
- Moderate noise Other Qualifications
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill---s values of Respect, Integrity, Service,
& Excellence. Required Training
- New Hire Orientation
- Supervisory Essentials training
- AB1825: Harassment Prevention training
- Mandated Reporter
- Position specific training Values-Based Work Environment Notice
Goodwill Southern California provides a values-based work
environment for our ambassadors. All individuals are expected to
support and promote our values:
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion,
recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and
- We serve, empower and advocate for our clients, community,
business partners and each other.
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to
better the lives of those we serve. The above description is not
intended to be an ---all-inclusive--- list of the duties and
responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be
such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the
job. Pre-Employment Testing
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- Employment Verification
- Verification of COVID-19 Vaccinations Other details
- Job Family :Retail
- Pay Type :Hourly
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Hacienda Heights , Retail Lead Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Hacienda Heights, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!