LVN II Outpatient
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Under the direction and guidance of an RN, assists in the
planning and delivery of nursing services for patients. Utilizes
direct observation or electronic monitoring to identify patient
needs. A Licensed Vocational Nurse is a member of the nursing team
and provides direct nursing care for patients and supports unit
functions. Direct Patient Care - Performs data collection and other
technical and manual skills assigned upon direction of the
Registered Nurse. Performs appropriate patient interventions as
directed by the Registered Nurse. Performs assigned educational
tasks after the patient's educational needs are assessed by the
Registered Nurse. Implements care of the patient as assigned
following assessment by the Registered Nurse. Demonstrates an
understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and
chronological maturation process in delivery of services to
patients of the age group served.--Essential Responsibilities:
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle
choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such
- Sets priorities according to most emergent needs on an ongoing
- Performs LVN skills in compliance with all approved
policies/procedures with minimal or indirect supervision.
- Recognizes and clarifies inappropriate orders.
- Collaborates with appropriate health care team members in a
timely manner to facilitate patient outcomes.
- Re-enforces learning and discharge planning needs of
patient/family and documents teaching in a timely manner.
- Routinely takes usual and special precautions relative to the
age, medical history, condition of the patient, and the type of
treatment being given.
- Documents clinical activities in a timely manner.
- Documentation is legible, comprehensive and accurate.
- Organizational Rules, Policies and Procedures Observes all
applicable Regional, Medical Center & department policies and
- Adheres to Attendance policy.
- Adheres to TIME System practice.
- Adheres to Personal Phone Call policy.
- Adheres to Dress Code policy.
- Displays clearly visible identification, stating name, title
- Adheres to Confidentiality and Computer Security policy.
- Participates in education/orientation of other staff.
- Accountable to attend at least 50% of staff meetings and
inservices and responsible for all content of staff
meetings/inservice presentations by attendance or reviewing
- Quality and Service - Responsive to the needs of others
maintaining a professional behavior toward members and co-workers
and creating a positive image for the department.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with
public, patients, families, and personnel.
- Informs patients of reason for any delays or anticipated delays
in their care.
- Treats all patients in accordance with the Patient's Bill of
- Conducts only work-related conversations when patients are
waiting for service.
- Works in a cooperative manner with team members to meet needs
of patients and unit.
- Communicates in writing accurately, completely and legibly, and
routes such communication appropriately and in a timely
- Communicate information and keeps RN informed throughout the
shift of patient status and needs.
- Communicates in the English language in the patient care
setting, unless acting as an interpreter.
- Professionalism - Maintains professional demeanor in all
interactions with patient and staff.
- Responds positively to constructive criticism from peers and
- Participates in continuing education, inservices and staff
development within the department and Medical Center.
- Maintains unit specific work requirements and competencies
within timeframe required.
- Knowledge of and participation in unit quality improvement
- Ability to function with a minimum of supervision utilizing
nursing problem solving techniques.
- Takes initiative to recognize and evaluate area of
- Improvises to find solutions and initiates appropriate
- Knowledgeable of and participates in unit quality improvement
and the Inpatient Nursing Quality Indicator Program.
- Productivity - Able to manage care for assigned patients.
- Adjust to fluctuations in workload, within designated work
- Demonstrates flexibility to function in a variety of settings
based on individual skills.
- Equipment & Supplies for General Floor Care Areas Maintains and
utilizes equipment, supplies and work area in accordance with
- Promptly reports equipment malfunctions to Unit Assistant.Basic
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in previous three (3) years
as an LVN in an acute hospital, outpatient, or Home Health/Hospice
setting. Or completion of New Graduate LVN training
- N/ALicense, Certification, Registration
- Maintains current California License as a Licensed Vocational
- Maintains current CPR certification.Additional Requirements:
- Will consider sub-acute experience.
- Physical Demands: Heavy physical demands.
- Frequent pulling, pushing and lifting of patients and
- Walking and standing most of the time on duty.
- Machines, Tools Equipment: Standard medical equipment and
equipment used in specialty areas.
- Maintains current IV certification; If no IV certificate, will
be required to attend and pass a Kaiser Permanente IV certification
- Will work every other weekend.
- May be required to float to another San Diego Urgent Care
location. Per CBA.
- Scheduled work hours per week will be 20-32.--Job Schedule: Job
Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Hacienda Heights , LVN II Outpatient, Healthcare , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...