Emergency Response Paramedic
Company: Global Medical Response
Location: Hacienda Heights
Posted on: January 5, 2022
More Information about this Job: Paramedic ALS (Full Time & Part
Time) Rancho Cucamonga, CA Reports To: Field Operations Supervisor
Department: Operations FLSA Status: Non Exempt $15,000 Sign On
Bonus Limited time only for qualified external Full Time
Paramedics! Pay Rates: $21.91-$38.00/ hour POSITION SUMMARY: The
mission and purpose of the Paramedic is to compassionately deliver
high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in
a professional, caring and cost-effective manner. Essential Duties
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action
and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including
defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous
fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to
provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical
direction and to provide critical information.
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information
and assurance that care is being given, and to show
- Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit
management as needed.
- Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize
call response time.
- Continuously maintain all required certifications.
- Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data
and customer feedback.
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it
clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image
- Document activities with regard to patient care and billing
completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding
- Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and
- Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when
determining transportation destinations.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no
- Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all
allied health and public safety personnel including other
- Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account
manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient
- Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street
signs and address numbers.
- Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in
quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in
various environments to interview patient, family members, and
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration
due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio
as to status of patient.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security
policies and procedures. Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets and communicates with existing customers/staff members
(including skilled nursing, assisted living, and hospital
facilities) on a regular basis to ensure that AMR is meeting their
- Reports these interactions to the operations and/or account
manager on a regular basis.
- Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and
establish strong community relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical
stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely
affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and
balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of
equipment and other objects. Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ca Drivers' License
- Ambulance Driver's License from DMV
- Medical Examiner's Card from DMV
- State of California Paramedic License
- CPR Card ( American Heart Association ONLY, Health Care
Provider. Hand written cards are not acceptable )
- ACLS Card ( American Heart Association ONLY, hand written cards
are not acceptable )
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy
( proof required if conditional employment is made ).
- ICS courses, please refer to link
- IS-100B (ICS 100)
- IS-200B (ICS 200)
- IS-700A (NIMS)
- IS-800B (NIMS) Experience: Some past work experience,
preferably in healthcare desired.Upon acceptance of offer and
joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your
Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
EEO Statement: Global Medical Response and its family of companies
are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Hacienda Heights , Emergency Response Paramedic, Healthcare , Hacienda Heights, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!