Director of Facilities
Company: Hacienda La Puente Unified School District
Location: Hacienda Heights
Posted on: November 17, 2021
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
http://www.hlpusdjobs.orgContact: Gina Song15959 E. Gale AvenueCity
of Industry, CA 91745626 933-3926Hacienda La Puente Unified School
District is named as one of the top 50 employers in California for
2020 and our employees have received a combined 12% salary increase
for the 2019-2022 years!THE POSITION Under general direction of the
Associate Superintendent of Business Services, plans, organizes,
directs, and coordinates the activities of the maintenance, grounds
and custodial operations, and is responsible for all aspects of
facility planning, programming, design, construction and
modernization.WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING ONLINE APPLICATIONS FOR THIS
RECRUITMENT. Online applications can be completed by visiting
http://www.hlpusdjobs.org/ and clicking on "Open and Promotional
Jobs." If you need assistance applying online, please contact us at
(626) 933-3920.APPLICANT FILING INFORMATION: This recruitment is
open to the public. An eligibility list will be established to fill
vacancies for one year. Please note that future vacancies may occur
throughout the duration of an eligibility list and that the
eligibility list can be used to fill vacancies at any time
throughout the duration of the eligibility list. Pursuant to PC
Rule 6.2.10, the eligibility list established for this recruitment
may be used for another related classification at the same or lower
salary.CURRENT OPENING: One regular full-time position and one
full-time position for bond measure. The position for the bond
measure is only guaranteed for the duration of the bond. Salary
placement will be on Range 42 of the Management Salary Schedule.
Initial salary placement for new employees is customarily at step 1
($148,449 per year) of this salary range.Note: This position is
designated as Senior Management in accordance with the provisions
of the Education Code.COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE: 1)
Completed online application2) Completed supplemental
questionnaire3) Three letters of recommendation4) Copy of proof of
your highest obtained education5) Copy of proof of valid California
class "C" driver's license6) Copy of proof of adequate insurance
for a motor vehicle which meets or exceeds the California legal
liability insurance requirement7) ResumeOnline application and
supplemental questionnaire must be submitted by the application
filing deadline on November 30, 2021 by 11:59 pm.SUPPLEMENTAL
DOCUMENTS: Resume, three letters of recommendation, proof of
highest obtained education, copy of valid California class "C"
driver's license, and proof of valid car insurance MUST be
submitted by the final test part. To submit your supplemental
documents, you may upload or attach the documents to your online
application in the "Attachments" section. You may also fax your
documents to Gina Song at (626) 333-7416.For inquiries regarding
this position, you may reach the Personnel Commission by phone at
(626) 933-3926.Essential Duties:The classification specification
does not describe all duties performed by all incumbents within the
class. This summary provides examples of typical tasks performed in
- Develops, analyzes, and directs school building construction
and modernization projects.
- Organizes, coordinates and directs activities related to the
facilities maintenance and operations functions.
- Organizes, coordinates, monitors and directs the District's
Facility Use agreements and activities in accordance with Board
Policy and Administrative Regulations, related to the rental and
use of school facilities by district residents and community groups
for the purposes specified in the Civic Center Act.
- Confers with District and site administrators and personnel,
regulatory agencies, architects, engineers, inspectors,
contractors, vendors and others concerning facilities and
construction planning, maintenance and operations services.
- Develops, implements and monitors budget for facilities
projects and departmental budget; controls and authorizes
expenditures in accordance with established limitations and fiscal
- Establishes and maintains systems for monitoring and reporting
progress on construction, site improvement, and remodeling
- Works with project architects to coordinate construction and
the general administration of construction contracts.
- Coordinates the submission of state applications for new
construction, modernization, state relocatable program, and
determine District eligibility.
- Acts as planning liaison with State Department of Education,
the Office of Public School Construction and other governmental
- Develops and maintains up-to-date comprehensive inventory and
control of all record drawings for the District.
- Serves as a participating member of District facility, bond
oversight, safety committees and community groups as applicable to
ensure efficient, sound and safe facility operations and
- Inspects work completed by departmental employees and/or
contractors for compliance with established standards and
- Monitors and assures compliance with a variety of state,
federal and local construction laws, regulations, codes, and
regulations related to health and safety.
- Assures economy, safety, effective communications, efficient
use of equipment and supplies and appropriate appearance and
condition of buildings, grounds and department vehicles.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and plans use of labor and funds to assure
optimum efficiency and effectiveness; implements and assures
compliance with work measurement standards in assigned areas.
- Develops and implements short- and long-range plans and
programs related to facilities maintenance and operations,
including preventative safety program for buildings, grounds, and
- Directs the District's custodial program operations.
- Reviews and approves the workforce allotments, work schedules,
and performance standards for Facilities Department.
- Establishes and operates a cost accounting and control system
for the Facilities Department.
- Prepares bid specifications, and evaluates bids, and recommends
- Researches, compiles, analyzes and interprets technical data
related to large-scale maintenance and operations projects.
- Oversees training, supervision, and performance evaluation of
- Maintains a variety of records and files.
- Prepares various reports, attends meetings and workshops, and
makes oral presentations as necessary.
- Directs and assigns appropriate personnel to accomplish planned
and approved projects.
- Provides technical expertise, recommendations, information and
assistance to the Associate Superintendent of Business Services
regarding assigned functions.
- Assists in the formulation and development of policies,
procedures, and programs.
- Coordinates with Fiscal Services to prepare audit schedules
related to fixed assets and work-in progress.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.PHYSICAL
DEMANDSEmployees in this classification see clearly to review
drawings, plans, blueprints, records and reports; agility
sufficient to walk and move in and around building constructions in
progress which may include bending, kneeling, stooping and climbing
a ladder; use a computer and telephone; use both hands
simultaneously; use fingers-repetitive; rapid mental/muscular
coordination; speak clearly; hear normal voice conversation; see
small details; maintain balance; reach overhead; color
vision/distinguish wire colors; drive a vehicle; stand; walk; sit;
carry; stoop/bend; repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrists
or hands; lift and carry up to 50 lbs.WORK ENVIRONMENTEmployees in
this classification work directly with District staff, students and
public; work both indoors and outside; with exposure to contagious
illnesses; work independently with minimal supervision; work over
40 hours a week; high volume of work and tight deadlines;
continuously changing priorities; continuous interruptions;
temperature changes; confined spaces; heights; and electrical
hazards.Minimum Qualifications:Education:A Bachelor's degree from
an accredited university or college with a major in Business
Administration, Engineering, Architecture, Facilities
Planning/Management, Construction Management or closely related
field.Experience:Five years of increasingly responsible experience
in facilities planning, construction management, maintenance and
operations, or other related experience at a community college or
school district, including three years in a management or
supervisory role.Special Requirements:
- Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License.
- Evidence of adequate insurance for a motor vehicle, which meets
or exceeds the California legal liability insurance requirement and
continues to maintain insurability.Ideal candidates will have:
- Methods, practices, modern theories, equipment, and materials
used in construction, design, custodial, and maintenance and
operations of school buildings and facilities.
- High performance and sustainable facility designs.
- Building codes, materials, and techniques related to
construction and building maintenance.
- Rules and regulations including, but not limited to: Title 8,
17, 19, 21, and 24, OSHA, the Office of the State Architect, and
state and federal codes for the handicapped.
- Public agencies responsible for planning and development of the
local geographic area.
- Basic relationships between federal, state, county, and city
- Principles of leadership, supervision, training, performance
evaluation, and motivating personnel.
- Hazardous chemicals and waste disposal methods.
- Energy conservation methods.
- Preparation and review of California Environmental Quality Act
- Health and safety regulations.
- Training requirements and regulations governing the handling of
asbestos containing building materials (ACBM).
- Deferred maintenance regulations, procedures, and
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Budget preparation, administration and control; principles of
- General purchasing procedures, including preparing and
obtaining bids and quotes.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and
- Project planning principles and techniques.
- Principles and practices of program development and
- Laws and regulations pertaining to the construction, repair,
and maintenance of school facilities.Ability to:
- Plan and coordinate the functions involved in the maintenance
of school facilities.
- Plan, manage, supervise, organize and direct the work of
- Prepare engineering, construction, maintenance, and operations
reports, construction plans, specifications, and schedules.
- Develop preliminary or projected costs; accurately estimate
costs of custodial, grounds, school construction and maintenance
- Analyze work methods, schedules, equipment and staffing levels
to increase efficiency.
- Develop and implement comprehensive custodial, grounds and
- Effectively serve as a resource to employees pertaining to
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of
- Read and interpret blueprints, shop drawings and sketches.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies
- Assure compliance with safety precautions and various code
- Establish, maintain, positive, effective and cooperative
working relationships with employees, administration and business
and community representatives.
- Prepare clear and concise reports.
- Maintain comprehensive records.
- Train, supervise, coordinate, and evaluate the work of
- Provide leadership and direction to short and long term
maintenance, custodial, and grounds programs for District
facilities, equipment and grounds.
- Operate a computer and current relevant software programs,
including but not limited to accounting, cost and inventory
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little supervision and direction.
- Analyze and interpret complex technical documentation.
- Drive a vehicle to conduct work.Job Type: Full-timePay:
$148,448.64 - $176,272.80 per yearCOVID-19 considerations:Per Board
policy, employees are allowed on District campuses or facilities
only if they are fully vaccinated. This resolution applies to all
applicants upon hire. Applicants are required to submit documented
proof of COVID-19 vaccination status to the HumaEducation:
- Bachelor's (Required)Experience:
- facilities planning, construction mgmt, M & O: 5 years
- management or supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- community college or school district: 5 years (Required)Work
Location: One location
Keywords: Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, Hacienda Heights , Director of Facilities, Executive , Hacienda Heights, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!